Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Shoe Lust


    Now that we're going into our second season of carrying Chie Mihara's eponymous collection, it's time to admit that I am hopelessly engaged in a dangerous love affair with shoes that may even transcend the passion I have for fine lingerie.  It all started over a decade ago when I began working at a little shop called Time Zone on South Street in Philadelphia. We were allowed to get advances on our paychecks in the form of merchandise, which meant that I was eating ramen in fabulous footwear quite a lot in college.  Four years at Time Zone and another three at a chain of Italian shoe stores in New York primed me for a lifelong devotion to the craft of cobbling.  Couple that with the fact that I have terrible bunions and a broken back, so I cannot actually wear half the heels that I covet, and you'll understand why I'm such a Chie fanatic. I've already gone into detail about her orthopedic footbed, high-quality Spanish construction and vintage-inspired styling. The new Spring collection is no exception. I have a very hard time finding sandals I like, in part because of the aforementioned bunions (dancer feet shouldn't be paraded around in strappy heels - you should cover those things as much as possible.) So if you're like me and have a good healthy dose of discriminating shoe lust, be sure to stop by and check them out soon. And I have even more exciting news - as of today, we are the first Portland retailers to carry Remix Vintage Shoes!  If you've been following our Facebook account, this is old news, as I've been posting pix compulsively. Primarily vintage-reproduction styles from the 20s, 30s, and 40s, these hand-crafted leather heels are all made in Spain, just like Chie, and are comfortable enough to wear all day long. They have manageable heel heights of 2-3" and nice, stable heels, with a wide enough vamp to accommodate bunions. Retailing at $185-250 in a vast array of colors and available in sizes 5.5-11, there is sure to be something for everyone in their collection!

Post Title

Shoe Lust


Post URL

http://emohairstylesforgirls2011.blogspot.com/2011/03/shoe-lust.html


Visit Emo Hair Styles For Girls for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive