Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday Adventure

       First,  
           THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR AWESOME COMMENTS ON MY RACE REPORT! :D


       Knowing you all support me helps me push myself harder :)  I'm loving reading about everyone else's races as well.  So many PRs!!

       I've worked really hard the past few months to drop 2:20 from my first race back, in early October.   But now the REAL hard work begins.  I've got to drop just over a minute to reach my sub-20 goal which is no small feat in a 5k, especially as you get to the lower times.  But. . .


        Warmer weather is arriving and I am ready to Go For It!!!


         I said yesterday that I might do a long run with my college coach today, but our schedules didn't work out.  We plan to get together for some long runs in the future though.

          I don't know if I even had a long run in me today, after our adventure (below) I planned to run around 8, but I ended up falling asleep for 2-ish hours.  I did eventually get myself out the door for a 3.5 miler and I felt pretty exhausted and weak.

    On to our little adventure today:
          It was a gorgeous 50° and sunny today so we decided to explore the nearby arboretum.  It is only about a mile from our house and I frequently run there; today we took a little family trip.

    Adventure # 1 for the Spring/Summer

    "Bamboo!"

    This pic make it look like we were in CR 

    This was just a tree, but it looked like a hippo :)

    Nolan loved it and the sun felt great :D

    Odds and Ends:

         * I forgot to post that I kept up with Michelle's push-up challenge and maxed out at 25 push-ups on Friday morning.  5 more to reach my March goal :)

        * At the race yesterday they had a table with upcoming race flyers.  There is a 4 miler and St. P day parade  in two weeks and I'm doing it!  Guaranteed PR since i don't have a 4 mile time :D  My Shamrock socks should be here by then too! 

    Did you attend any parades this weekend?
    We didn't get to any parades, maybe next wknd.  And there is the parade at the race in two weeks.  I believe it starts right after the race goes off, I think it follows behind the runners.  We are the opening act :)

Post Title

Sunday Adventure


Post URL

http://emohairstylesforgirls2011.blogspot.com/2011/03/sunday-adventure.html


Visit Emo Hair Styles For Girls for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive