Sunday, March 20, 2011

Let's See How Far We've Come

     6 months of Run For the Bikini! on Tuesday :D

       And wow how things have changed :D  If you have looked back to some of the earlier posts, I was doing weekly weigh-in posts which, yes,  looking back now was a little bit unnecessary.

       After exploring and finding all the amazing running/tri blogs I was very inspired and began to change my focus to performance.  It has become a very positive source of confidence and happiness for me :)

       When I started this blog in September I had just ended my summer lifeguarding gig and was already thinking about how I was going to get in the best shape and all around kick booty for summer '11.  I remember near the end of last summer sitting with one of the three other (out of 70) lady guards (and honorary sister :D), and making plans to run the LI half (her, my sister and I) and be super fit and awesome for summer '11.

      I don't know about her and my sis, but I am doing it and I don't know if I would be if it hadn't been for this blog!  Same thing goes for the tri I just registered for, at the end of this past summer I was saying I was def gonna do it next yr, but I've been saying that for many years and never got it done.   Well I'm registered and I have a road bike, there is NO way I'm NOT doing it :D

       Speaking of the bike, I actually got on it today! I only went a mile, and it's definitely gonna take some time for me to be fully confident, but I DID IT and I didn't fall over :D Success!


    I didn't get a pic on it today; here it is afterwards:

         Still no name, apparently I'm an animated movie person because when I try to come up with a name  that is all I can think of:
    ~ Stitch

    ~ Dory

    ~ Suzy (From Nolan's all time favorite movie Cars)
    Tangent: Nol told me that when they run in gym he sings the Car's Song in his head so that he feels fast like a race car :D
     and
    ~ Lani
    Watched this movie today, it's greatness :)
    "Stepped on me? Stepped on me? That guy was dancing on me!
    Broken, broken, gone, gone, brok-en, brok-en, broken."

         Ooops got a little off track there :D   So it's been 6 months and March has actually been my lowest posting month thus far, but not for lack of awesomeness!!  

      ~I am down to 120 (from 122-123) and I think this is a decent rate of 1-ish lb a week.  I've had some runs where I feel a little run down/weak, but on a whole I'm feeling pretty awesome.

     ~ On Friday, keeping up with Michelle's Push-up Challenge, I squeaked out 27.  It wasn't easy, but I did it and only have 3 more to get to my March goal!

     ~ I've run a bunch of 7 min miles the past few days.  I blame the Garmin; I'm also saying, "Hey, if I can make 7:00-7:10 base pace, well that is just awesome."  It is not quite easy right now, but 7:20-7:30 is :)

       Hmm this post is a little all over the place.  That is what happens when I don't post for a few days and have random thoughts floating around.

       Next Sunday's 4 mile race might be a no go;  Nol's first soccer game is Sunday and the race is kinda weird in that it starts at 1:55 pm which is conflicting.  I do have another 4 mile race scheduled for April 10th which won't conflict.  Whatever I end up running I WILL be aiming for 5k pace of faster!

      To conclude this randomness: There are no emotions to describe how I felt on Friday when it was 70 and sunny.  The second Nolan got of the bus we headed to the park and spent almost 3 hours there.  So many kids! The energy was amazing.

      Has your blog changed since you first started it?

      How have you changed through blogging?
      I've become more motivated to achieve my goals and with this has also come more confidence in my ability to reach these goals.  

Post Title

Let's See How Far We've Come


Post URL

http://emohairstylesforgirls2011.blogspot.com/2011/03/let-see-how-far-we-come.html


Visit Emo Hair Styles For Girls for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive