Sunday, March 6, 2011

Avocado Tuna Lettuce Boats

       A few people have asked how I eat, especially as I am trying to lose the last few stubborn pounds.  I don't follow any specific diet and I don't ban any foods.  Everything is allowed on my plan, but I steer towards high fiber, high nutrient foods that fill me up without a ton of calories. Lots and lots of veg!!  I get most of my protein from lean white meats (turkey & chicken), fish, beans and nuts.  I do not eat "perfectly" (whatever that means) and I have some chocolate on an almost daily basis.

        When I am eating for weight loss I usually aim for 1,400/1,500 cals a day, with some days a little less and some a little more.  I am not a nutritionist/dietician and I can't tell you what you may need in order to maintain/lose weight, but I have found that this range works for me.  I am not currently training for a marathon and my half marathon mileage is still relatively low, when I reach goal weight and/or increase my training volume for upcoming races I will adjust my intake accordingly.  Also I like to keep it simple.

       Below is what I had for dinner last night. It was amazing, and super filling even though it only had around 300 calories.  It also included 26g of protien from the tuna (over half my dv), healthy fats from the avocado and approx. 8g of fiber from all the veg :)
        
     Avocado Tuna Lettuce Boats

    So, So Simple and Sooo Good!!
    I could eat this every night.

    What I used: 
    *Half an Avocado
    *Fresh Chopped Salsa (lots!)
    *1 Can of Solid White Albacore Tuna
    *2 Large Lettuce Leaves


    Mix the first three ingredients together and then generously pile on lettuce leaves.


    I used this salsa from Stop N Shop:



        Ingredients:  Tomato, Cucumber, Green Pepper, Red Pepper, Red Onion, Cilantro, Lime Juice, Tomato Juice, Garlic, Pablano Pepper, Serrano Pepper, Salt.

                                                    It is amazing!! 
                                                                        
        
     * I will  try to include some more meal recipes if I make anything worthwhile.  I eat the same thing for breakfast almost everyday: High fiber English Muffin w/ PB, Banana slices, and Gala apple slices (and sometimes a sprinkle of cinnamon.)  I never get bored with this :)


        What is one (or more if you'd like :) food you could/do eat everyday?  Sweet Potatoes, Avocados, and I am beginning to really enjoy Butternut Squash.

Post Title

Avocado Tuna Lettuce Boats


Post URL

http://emohairstylesforgirls2011.blogspot.com/2011/03/avocado-tuna-lettuce-boats.html


Visit Emo Hair Styles For Girls for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive