Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Art II Viciously Pinned Out


    I was confused with this editorial, specifically because I qualifies for all the other categories I have in my blog. Then I thought about it and put it in art.

    W magazine for May 2011 features Mia Wasikowska wearing pins. Yes, pins.

    You'll recognize her as Alice from Tim Burton's rendition of Alice in Wonderland. She has cut off her long blonde locks and now opted for a more edgy pixie cut.

    Now going back to the pins.

    I love the way they had used the pins as accessories in terms of make up, it made the picture come out almost bizarre. The delicate features of Mia was contrasted by the numerous pins that adorned her face and the result came off better than I had ever imagines. The pins made it seem like she was wearing a mask. And thank goodness it looked anything but tacky and dirty. I think that is what gave it's statue-like quality, save for her milky white skin, is that the pins and the hair framed Mia's face instead of hiding it. Plus, since it was a magazine editorial the raw-ness of the pins were contained by the way the photo was taken.


    Try wearing pins for this month's accessory, it would surely be a conversation piece.

    Photographed by Inez & Vinoodh.
    ----
    ~ Krisan

Post Title

Art II Viciously Pinned Out


Post URL

http://emohairstylesforgirls2011.blogspot.com/2011/04/art-ii-viciously-pinned-out.html


Visit Emo Hair Styles For Girls for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive