Thursday, February 10, 2011

Grumpelstiltskin

    Alternatively titled: Three Things (I'm doing to make me less grumpy) Thursday


     As my fellow Tobay Lifeguard Chica (aka Tobabe) would say, Cranky Pants are ON.

       I don't really know why, everything is going good for the most part.  It's not even just today, I've been bumming for over a week now. 

      My attempts yesterday to de-grump included a BodyRock.TV 300 Rep workout, another go at the 2 minute Burpee Contest (JOIN!)  in which I improved by 1 for a total of 23 (mad I can't get 30 yet), and a much needed haircut, blowdry and brow wax :D.

    No Dice.

    Feeling Blue


    So here's 3 things I did today to get back to my happy self:

    1) Serious incline workout.  25 minutes of 12% incline intervals. Alternating between 3.0 and 7.0.  I didn't have a set time amount for the 7.0 intervals, pretty much the goal was just to gut them out as long as possible, on the "good" ones I made it just over a minute. I got in at least 10 intervals (I kinda lost track I was just going for it :D).  According to a few pace calculators, 7.0 at 12% is equivalent to 5:49 mi pace based on VO2  consumption, so I think this was a pretty good workout to prepare me for my race in 2 weeks.

       Also I rocked out to this teeny bopper song multiple times while running which made me feel 16 again (why not, I did set most of my PRs at that age :)
    There was full on treadmill dancing involved.


    2) Colorful Lunch with lots of veg and water (I've been slacking w the H20 intake)


    Wanted more, so I baked the rest of the orange pepper w/ sliced Roma tomato inside and sprinkled w/ mozzarella and parmesan:
    Healthy Pizza Bagel :)

    3) Counted the days till Memorial Day Weekend That didn't help, there's still 100+ :(

    Instead: Researched some races I could enter to keep me busy and endorphin full till summer.  I do have my first half-mary on May 2nd, but I need some shorter races for March/April.  I found a really cool race in March called "Conquer the Hills 5k."

    Site Description:
    "Take your run or walk training to new “heights” in the 1st Annual “Conquer the Hills” Fun Run/Walk in Farmingville! With street names like Adirondack and Summit Place, this 5k (3.1 mile) course certainly has its ups and downs, but in the end, you can proudly say you conquered some of the steepest inclines on Long Island"
       It is an un-timed race (Awesome, bc those hills are sure to add 2+ mins. to my time anyway, no PRs here) and  my HS coach used to take us distance runners to these hills to train.  
    I'm In! 


    What do you do to go from frowning to clowning?
    (I'm sorry that was awful, I'll take suggestions on a better rhyme too, crying to flying?)

Post Title

Grumpelstiltskin


Post URL

http://emohairstylesforgirls2011.blogspot.com/2011/02/grumpelstiltskin.html


Visit Emo Hair Styles For Girls for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive