Wednesday, April 6, 2011

It must be a good day. . .

    . . . I rarely ever post twice in one day (I don't have the brain cells to write that many coherent posts);  I just couldn't resist listing all the awesomeness that occurred today. Actually it wasn't all that much, but I'm easy to please :D

         Ran 5 miles today, again No NSAIDs and minimal to no pain.  I could feel a slight twinge there every once and a while, and again was nervous it would come back suddenly. Nope :D  I was thinking of trying for the 9 miler, but decided that would be pushing it and not so smart on my part.  I took it very slow (for me) 8:20-8:40 pace; if you asked me what pace I thought I was running sans Garmin I would have guessed 9:50-10:00.

          Did a pull-up today with no jump!! BUT it wasn't a FULL pull-up yet. . .my arms were slightly bent.  When I stand and grip the bar my arms have a little bend to them, in order to get a dead hang position I have to bend my knees.  Today I stood, gripped the bar, bent my knees and maintained slight bend to my arms and then pulled myself all the way up.  It was slow going and I wasn't sure I was gonna get to the top, but I did! Twice.  Monumental over here.  I'll try to record it tomorrow cause I know that description is sketchy.


     I say, that what you say. . . is what I say  (Guess the movie ;)
          Amanda at Runninghood  posted today about how she was feeling on the verge of something big and exciting.  She is always so well written and the whole post was amazing and full of optimism.  This post struck me because this is exactly how I've been feeling the past few days.  It actually feels like a mix of anxiety and excitement at the same time, not a bad anxiety just the kind where I feel I can really achieve some of the things I've been dreaming about, but it is still going to take some work and commitment. Nothing is going to be handed to me, yet I have the drive, desire, goals, plan, support, knowledge etc. to finally fulfill my visions. 
             Less than a year ago I really had no clue what any of my goals were, seriously I had NO goals. As I wrote in the comments of that post, "I was aimless."  Which is a great way to have awful self-esteem.  Now I am straight up bursting with excitement to help other set goals, achieve them, and feel that surge of confidence that comes from working towards and reaching your goals.

        I also found this chica's blog today, love it!  Jenn just went through the process of becoming an ACE certified personal trainer and had her first client today!  Reading her post today about how excited (lots of excited-ness going down in this post, sorry for the overuse but it's a good thing :D) she is about having her first client had me smiling and looking forward to the time when I'm in her position :)

      Yesterday I heard this song for the first time and I've been running, planking, dancing, bodyrocking to it on repeat for the past 24 hours:
    Times I listened to it on my 5 miler today = 8+

        I haven't done much Body Rocking lately because a lot of the moves involve jumps that I'm not sure are so good for my knee right now.  I have missed it a bit, so today I just did 2 of the 4 moves that I could handle.

          I actually attempted high knees with a jumprope, but realized the first time landing on my left leg that it was in my (and my knee's) best interest to skip that part.  I did the two core exercises from yesterday's What's My Name Workout.  The "Roll it Hard Core" move with the exercise ball is killer and I will be adding that one into my nightly core routine.

    Ohh Zuz, you're to charming to hate ;)

      Thanks for all the protein advice, I'm gonna check out some supplements this weekend.  In the meantime I had a can of chicken that had 48 g of protein for lunch :) Mixed with walnuts, chopped green& red apple and balsamic vinaigrette.

    And that's enough enthusiasm for one post.

Post Title

It must be a good day. . .


Post URL

http://emohairstylesforgirls2011.blogspot.com/2011/04/it-must-be-good-day.html


Visit Emo Hair Styles For Girls for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive