Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I Couldn't Leave Without. . .

        Documenting my killer 11 mile treadmill run.  I have a love/hate with the mill; I love the peace and solitude of running alone in my house and that I can just turn it on a go as far as I would like, but I struggle with keeping a pace I could easily maintain outside.

       With the treadmill I usually have to put pace goals aside because somehow even though I am running slower, it always makes faster paces seem easier when I get outside (If that makes sense?)   I set out yesterday to get 10 miles done before I left, so I could leave confident that I would survive my half  in 12 days.  I plan to run some in Disney, but I'm pretty sure I won't be getting any long runs in.

      Guidelines for getting through: ( I have to tell myself these beforehand so I don't get frustrated with running slower/ getting my butt kicked by the treadmill)
    * It is okay to run slower (which also applies to the fact it was a long run)
    * It is okay to take a few short breaks (With treadmill long runs I have to stop at times for 30-60 seconds and then continue on.  All I cared about yesterday was getting the mileage in)

      With those in place I knocked those 11 miles out of the park :D  Time: 1:41  I kept it mostly at a 6.2-6.5 (9:40- 9:14), but in the later miles I threw in some 8.0 (7:30).  I was going to stop at 10, but then thought why not just go for 1 more :)


    And with that I am out of here

    Lemme know if I miss anything monumental while I'm gone :D

Post Title

I Couldn't Leave Without. . .


Post URL

http://emohairstylesforgirls2011.blogspot.com/2011/04/i-couldn-leave-without.html


Visit Emo Hair Styles For Girls for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive