Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Fashion II The Lady in the Green Dress




    Have you seen "Atonement"?

    It was the film adaptation of a novel by Ian McEwan, that bagged 7 Oscars in the 80th Academy Awards and 2 in the 61st British Academy Film Awards.

    The story is seen through the eyes of Briony Tallis, who is a novellist, and the love affair between her sister Cecilia and young man Robbie. All that entails afterward was the war and what became of her sister and Robbie after she sends Robbie off to war after discovering them in the library.

    Apart from the moving story ( I suggest you all watch the film!) one of the most memorable images I conjured from my mind would be Cecilia's beautiful emerald green dress.

    It hung perfectly on her body and emphasized the curves at all the right places (without looking the least bit vulgar considering its satin). I adore the rich green color of the dress, its so vivid that throughout the whole movie the dress symbolizes both the beauty and the ugly in envy. For Briony was envious of her sister, because she had a childish crush on Robbie and could not deny her sister was a goddess in looks, thus, the dress is colored so.

    I will not consider this a costume, even though it is I shall put it in the costume category when I cover the movie, because of the beautiful shape and the classic-sexy look. Besides, women would wear this at the present time.

    TIME even named the piece as one of the movies' most-loved costumes.


    The design is quite simple, but the exposed back, the train, the rich color and the sensous fabric balance it out.

    I just can't take my eyes off the dress

    ---
    ~Krisan

Post Title

Fashion II The Lady in the Green Dress


Post URL

http://emohairstylesforgirls2011.blogspot.com/2011/04/fashion-ii-lady-in-green-dress.html


Visit Emo Hair Styles For Girls for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive