Monday, April 4, 2011

March Review And A Switch To Weekly Goals

       I've decided for April (and probably the next few months) I'm not going to make goals for the month, instead I am going to do weekly goals.  

    My reasons for this are:
    1) I'm not sure how my knee is going to be feeling and exactly what is up with it so I don't want to make any mileage/  time goals for a month at a time, I'd rather take it week by week.  
         I ran 4 miles w/ my sis yesterday (she just signed up for the LI half with me! :D)  and once again right at mile 1 I started getting knee pain.  The positive is that when I got home I iced, stretched, and popped an anti-inflam and felt rocking the rest of the day.  The fact that I have had a lot less pain on a daily basis has me optimistic :) And I think hamstring stretching will help.

    2)  With monthly goals there is a tendency to start with a bang and slowly taper off through out the month.  I still think I should be achieving more (in all areas) and I think setting new goals and evaluating my progress each week will help me stay on the ball.
           I'll be posting my goals for the week at the bottom of Monday posts and evaluating on Saturday/Sunday  (depending on when I write a post)

    March Goal Review
     Goals directly from here.  How I did in bold italics.
     ~ 5k on  March 12th.  1st goal: Sub 21:52  2nd goal: Sub 21  21:00, I'll take it!

    ~ Increase my mileage by at least 10 over February's total of 67 I'm not even sure of my total mileage, but keeping healthy took precedent.  I had a rocking 8 miler though :D

    ~ Get on my bike!!!  Yes, I did!  I made it a mile and didn't  flop over onto the pavement, SUCCESS!!  I would have got on a bit more but the weather still stunk : /

    ~ Get in the pool more! No, not driving makes this one kind of hard.  I'm not worried though, my swim last month has me confident that I can still swim a decent distance and once work starts I will be swimming almost daily.

    ~ Keep studying for the ACE, I kinda slacked on this in Feb.   Mmhhmm I rocked this one.  Working more actually helped me with this one since I brought it with me and read on all my off periods. 

    ~ Still going for 30 push-ups  27.  Restarting the 100 push-up program soon.

    ~118 or bust   I'm right there, around 120, I lost a few lbs in the first 2 weeks of March and then maintained.  I think for my size this is a good way to do it, lose a little and then maintain before going for a few more.  

    ~Just all around Kick-Ass in everything :D This is very subjective, but Imma say yes, March was a good month for me.  

    And I plan to keep my Daily Workout page updated, yell at me if I slack off!! :D  Ummm no I did not do this and you also did not yell at me!!  This week I'm on it!


    Goals for the week 4/4- 4/10
      ~ Attempt a 9 mile run
      ~ 4 mile race on Sunday Goal: Sub 28 (sub 7 pace)
      ~ Schedule ACE test for May
      ~ Prepare for Disney in 2 weeks :)
      ~  Nighttime Abs & Arms at least 5 nights 
      ~ Track my workouts on DW page

      Thank you for all your nice comments on my BBM 8 video :)  I'm going to try and do a little intro on all my future BBM vids.  

         Matty O- I totally agree with hopping on the bar throughout the day and I usually do (some weeks I'm better than others).  As far as negatives go though, I've read they cause more micro tears than regular pull-ups;  therefore you should have a rest day in between for muscle recovery, thoughts?  

    And since this post needs a pic:
    Long summer days are approaching :D

Post Title

March Review And A Switch To Weekly Goals


Post URL

http://emohairstylesforgirls2011.blogspot.com/2011/04/march-review-and-switch-to-weekly-goals.html


Visit Emo Hair Styles For Girls for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive